Ah yes, of course. I leave Columbia Heights and a “British” pub that sells Strongbow on draft opens a few blocks from my former house. Nevertheless, still happy as hell to be out of that neighborhood.
But if you do live there and enjoy Strongbow you can order it by the US or UK pint at CommonWealth. I went there over Inauguration weekend and had lunch with my mom, Cheryl, and Annie. The food was good, but much like The Heights, is pretty overpriced. Sixteen bucks for fish and effin’ chips? Wow.
Also, a reader informed me that you can now drink Strongbow at Ben’s Next Door, the new restaurant started by the family behind Ben’s Chili Bowl. Strongbow + Ben’s chili half smoke = heaven?
- Fado Irish Pub in Chinatown (draft)
- Elephant & Castle Pub (draft)
- Finn macCool’s Irish Publick House (draft)
- 51st State Tavern (draft)
- Chevy Chase Wine & Spirits (500 mL cans)
- Circle Liquors (500 mL cans)
- Whole Foods Market on P Street (500 mL cans)
- Sherry’s Wine & Liquor (500 mL cans)
- Brickskeller (500 mL cans)
- Rocket Bar (500 mL cans)
- RFD (500 mL cans) (reader submitted)
- The Red Derby (500 mL cans) (reader submitted)
- Big Hunt (draft) (reader submitted)
- D’Vines (500 mL cans)
- CommonWealth Gastropub (draft)
- Mackey’s Public House(draft) (reader submitted)
- Rock N Roll Hotel (500 mL cans) (reader submitted)
- Ben’s Next Door (500 mL cans) (reader submitted)
Just outside DC:
- Flanagan’s Harp & Fiddle (Bethesda) (draft) (reader submitted)
- Lost Dog Cafe (Arlington) (500 mL cans) (reader submitted)